Our founder, Roberto Moctezuma, is an entrepreneur, board member, startup advisor and angel investor with over 20 years of senior executive experience in the high-tech industry.
Over the past seven years, he has been focused on helping startups grow:
• Evaluated 700+ startups for the HATCH competition at SXSW
• Judged 250+ startups in START’s monthly Demo Day
• Coached SXSW Accelerator’s startups for 5 consecutive years
• Taught 100+ startups as part of HTC Ignition, UoH RedLabs, Rice OwlSpark, and other programs
• Evaluated hundreds of pitches and personally invested in multiple startups (Houston Angel Network, SURGE Accelerator, Directly)
• Been on the Board of Directors/Board of Advisors of multiple companies
• Created Innoventures, Softtek’s global intrapreneurship program
• Directly worked with entrepreneurs as a fractional CxO resource, primarily in strategy, operations and product development.
Roberto began his career as a software developer, cofounded a startup pioneering electronic fund transfers in Mexico that grew to $50M in revenue, and later joined Compaq (acquired by Hewlett-Packard), where he spent 15 years in multiple roles. He created HP’s eCommerce business in Latin America, managed Operations for HP’s $8B direct business in the Americas region as the Vice President, Americas Volume Direct Operations; scaled HP’s Desktop Solutions Global Business Unit into a $450M USD global business as its Vice President and General Manager and successfully executed the $240M acquisition of Neoware, Inc.
To view his full profile click here.