We are seeking a Venture Designer to join our Houston team. We want someone who has a unique blend of real-world experience and theory, someone who likes to blur the lines between strategy and operations, who has a passion for bringing market-leading offerings and new ventures to market. As a Venture Designer, you will help create and implement optimal processes, tools and metrics so startups can achieve product/market fit and accelerate their growth. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work alongside the CEO and the startup teams to help shape and guide the companies for the years ahead.
You will begin as a core member of our interdisciplinary team and our expectation is that over time you would grow into a Venture Design Director, responsible for orchestrating and delivering across all areas of growing a startup.
We’re looking for a goal-oriented, ambitious and talented individual who exhibits a positive attitude and a team-oriented approach. An ideal candidate thrives in a constantly-changing environment, is able to see the big picture while remaining task and detail oriented, and embraces the opportunity to lead through ambiguity.
As a Venture Designer, you are a strong multi-tasker and self-starter excited about solving new problems and enjoy looking for ways to get businesses to grow faster. You understand that done is better than perfect, but you still strive to produce the best work possible in everything you ship. You love frequent feedback, seek it often, and won’t take criticism of your work personally. You fully embrace your work, make sure it meets the needs of the intended audience, and can meet quick deadlines. You are organized and thorough – you understand the importance of nuance and detail and approach things with a logical, analytical mind. You are curious, believe in a life of constant self-actualization and want to learn as much as possible both through your work as on your own.
What you’ll do
- Help define and implement startup strategies working with a high-caliber, cross-functional team.
- Map and optimize process flows to create compelling customer experiences and accelerate revenue growth.
- Help create effective financial and operational models that provide visibility into the startup’s operations.
- Help implement operational tools that support and automate processes and operations.
- Design beautiful forms, training presentations, websites, documentation, and other materials.
- Coordinate projects, activities and tasks to ensure milestones and release dates are met.
- Help identifying opportunities, generating innovative solutions, and improving existing features.
Obviously, the list above is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities – as we ourselves are a startup which means the above may change at any time!
Who we are looking for
Our ideal candidate is someone with 2-3 years of working experience in startup environments (B2B preferred) who has had experience seeing an idea go from theory and analysis into a market launch. For instance, an entrepreneur, a core member of a startup, or a product or marketing manager at a multinational corporation. Candidates must be adept at designing business processes, market research, financial modeling and very comfortable with technology.
In addition, ideally you:
- Can work collaboratively but also able to own a small project with little guidance.
- Thrive in an environment with constant and quick iterations.
- Seek out creative solutions to challenging problems.
- Have strong written communication, presentation and consulting skills.
- Are able to create presentations with high quality visual design.
- Are able to think across disciplines (Marketing, Sales, Product Development, Org Design, Finance, and Operations)
- Are able to work in a diverse work environment and comfortable with non-hierarchical organizations.
- A MBA or a Bachelor’s degree in business is helpful but definitely not a requirement.
At Fractal River, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create an innovative organization that will improve the way people live and strengthen their relationships. Fractal River is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.